Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Tues. May 10: Gettysburg to Quarryville, 84 mi, 7:35hr

What I thought would be relatively flat or gently rolling hills turned out to be more rolling with innumerable short but steep inclines. Also, the wind was from the east. Got a later start than usual and arrived at Quarryville around 6:30 with no definite place to sleep that night. I eventually found a farmhouse B&B 2.5 mi south of town and also uphill.

My hope was to make it to Ninepoints where I would stay with Relay for Life host Heather Schweitzer. But it was just a bit too far.

Another pinch flat on the front tire. But instead of the air slowly leaking out, it was out in an instant. Rim on rubber on road creates a very uncontrollable situation. Fortunately, I was going slowly and no cars or trucks were nearby.

As I was leaving a Wendy's after lunch, a woman , a bike rider, was questioning me about my ride. Eventually, she asked if I was having fun. I said there are moments but truthfully, it is a lot of work. I think she was a bit disappointed with my answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home